Wednesday, June 6, 2012
• can we all just stop for a moment & laugh at the goofball pictured above? this kid kills me. this was a quick snapshot in between the ongoing game of stack-up-all-the-pillows-and-slide-headfirst-off-the-couch-onto-said-pillows. it's one of his favorite games lately. and this is who i get to hang out with all day... how'd i get so lucky?
• have i ever mentioned i have an obsession with crime show dramas? i know i'm not alone on this. but if it's after 10:00 pm & the rest of my family is sleeping, nothing other than CSI or Law & Order will do. what is it about those shows?
• pretty sure i've mentioned that sam is tidier than me around the house. i pick up more, but the truth of the matter is i make more of the messes. know what else he does more of? refilling the toilet paper dispenser roll thingy. i hate messing with those dumb things. oh & he dusts more. and vacuums. ok, so i pick up more, he cleans more. we're compatible.
• i seriously have a love affair with my new car. if it was up to me, everyone in the world would drive a subaru outback. even if that meant we all had to wear birkenstocks, tevas, hiking boots & cargo shorts, i would do it.
• i have serious mom guilt about not taking parker's 23 & 24 month pictures. i did awesome from 1-22 months & then had a big fat fail right there at the end. i've spent lots of time thinking about how i'm gonna make it up but everyday i put it off & don't do anything is another day parker gets older & looks less like a 23 or 24 month old. so... whattyagonna do?
• there have been about ten random thoughts pop in my head that are pregnancy related... i'm opting to not talk about them right now & save them for the weekly update post, but who are we kidding? pregnancy & baby related thoughts consume me.
• one pregnancy related note: i took a solo-grocery shopping trip to costco tonight wearing yoga pants & a big oversized hoodie. the check-out dude told me there was no way i could be due in two months because i was "barely showing." so basically, what i took away from that was big huge heavy hoodies & yoga pants are flattering. if you see me a week before my due date in august wearing a ginormous hoodie & sweats, you know why. it looks good.
• i never put together a real "30 by 30" list. and now there are only three months til my 30th birthday. i'm failing all over the place. who was i kidding? i'm doing good to get out of bed & have my teeth brushed by noon... did i really think i could fit in 30 goals before i get out of my 20's? silly me.
• and? only three months til i turn 30. whoa.
• annnnnd? i'll have a two year old PLUS a one month old on my 30th birthday. who am i?
and with that i need to go to sleep. because obviously i need to get my rest while i can. between the baby on the way & aging into a new decade, i have my work cut out for me.